It has been a CRAZY year! We’ve moved multiple times, worked very hard to be where we are in our lives, and we’re looking forward to what the future has in store for us. I hope 2015 has as much excitement and new experiences as 2014. But before I start looking too far forward, I want to take a quick look at where FabPollen started and what I have accomplished as a new blogger. For instance, better pictures eh?! I might just brag a little bit right now about the above pic… 🙂 I really like how it turned out. The “FabPollen” part is made of wire. Cute or what?
Anyway… Let’s take a look at some of my favorite posts from this year.
1. My very first post! It took a lot of guts to put myself out there, and it was a long time coming. I took these pictures in my temporary, makeshift studio at my folks house. My camera was brand new, and wasn’t really sure how to use it. I really enjoy seeing how far my photography skills have come. (There has been a lot of pouting and tantrums along the way)
2. My tassel chandelier. This post didn’t get a ton of attention, but it is still one of my favorites. It is still hanging in my bedroom, and I love it!
3.This Colored Engineer Print. I made this last Valentine’s Day for Tyler. It’s a picture of our hand fasting ceremony during our wedding, blown up to poster size and hand colored.
And speaking of our wedding….
4. Our Handmade Wedding was one of my most popular posts! Almost everything but the cake was a DIY adventure. My dress, the flowers, centerpieces, table cloths and runners, decorations, the photos… *sigh* It was stressful but sooooo worth it.
5. My post on the subject of going from stalker to blogger. This post really made me realized just how hard running your own blog is. And the pro’s make it look really easy, but it is a ton of hard work!
6. My DIY High Waisted Bikini was a hit! I still see it floating around pinterest, thanks to everybody who shared it with their friends. I had a lot of fun making it and it has held up really well. I’m sure I’ll get a few more summers out of it!
7. I made this Baby Shower Gift Set for my cousin’s baby girl last summer. I think the bandana bibs are super cute, and they’re great for a drooly little baby. The dress is made with a slightly modified version of a Burda Style sewing pattern.
8. I had a lot of fun updating this ceramic planter. It has actually held up better than I thought. After it cured completely, it’s very hard to scratch the paint off. Yay!
9. This little Industrial Hanging Planter is definitely one of my favorites. If you can’t tell… I like to make things with wire, and this one was a lot of fun. Something I don’t really talk about often is that I worked as a florist for a few years. I still miss flowers sometimes, and any projects with plants or flowers makes me happy.
Oh yeah, and this pictures turned out great! As you can see, I’ve started to figure out the settings on my camera and man, it’s a lot more fun to take pictures now!
10. I loved doing this post of our Pumpkin Patch Family Outing back in October. Post’s like this are a lot of fun for me. I get to show you a sneak peek of my wacky family, plus I get to snap pictures of them all day and they can’t do anything about it! Hahaha!
11. I really like doing the Friday’s Five Fun Things posts. I get to show you some things I find interesting that week. I usually post them every Friday. You can see a collection of some on the inspirations page.
12. We worked really hard on our DIY Slatted Bed Frame. With help from my Dad, Tyler and I were able to get this done in a few days! I am so proud of this post. It has full printable plans included.
13. These Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread Scones are delicious! They are great with a big bowl of chili, or with a cup of coffee for breakfast.
*Pssst… they are pretty quick and easy too!
14. I was pretty pleased with my x-mas decorations this year, too. This dried nicely and it’s still hanging up.
Well, that’s it. 2014 is just about done. Now it’s time to get a jump on 2015’s posts!
Happy New Year!!!